For mechanical testing all standard test methods are available. Samples are taken and prepared according to the respective standards, e.g. for the determination of:
- Tensile and compressive properties (e.g. resistance and stiffness (as per DIN EN 658-1, DIN 15156)
- Shear resistance (DIN EN ISO 14130, DIN EN 12289)
- Three-point and four-point bending strength and stiffness (DIN EN 658-3, DIN EN 843-1)
- Torsion properties (DIN 14869-1, ASTM D5279)
- Notch impact resistance according to Charpy (DIN EN ISO 142-2)
- Notch impact properties of metals (DIN EN 10045-1)
- Scratch resistance of layers (DIN EN 1071-3) or
- Hardness measurements according to Rockwell (DIN 51917) or Vickers (DIN EN 843.4)
Customized test assemblies are designed and used for the determination of mechanical component properties. The measuring results are compared with appropriate standards or validated by finite element modelling.
The thermal tests are standard processes or performed by special ThermoOptical Measuring systems (TOM).